Need Advice About Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery?
Start Yourself Over provides expert Bariatric surgeons who specialize in the Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure. The Gastric Sleeve produces positive long-term outcomes for Excess Weight Loss, as well as Type 2 diabetes remission. We are experts in Sleeve Gastrectomy and can help you lose weight permanently and safely. Please call 214-989-6633 and speak with our expert Bariatric surgeons about the Gastric Sleeve procedure.
The Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure was once only considered to be a starting treatment for patients who are so overweight ( BMI >45 ), that they are not candidates for gastric bypass surgery or the Lap Band™ procedure. However, due to the positive long-term outcomes, it has now become increasingly used to treat patients with BMI's as low as 35.
Sleeve Gastrectomy is performed by removing the outer portion of the stomach but does not bypass any of the intestine. The “stretchable” part of the stomach is removed leaving the muscular portion that propels food forward through the intestine. As a result, the stomach is long and slender and resembles a shirt “sleeve”. This is purely a restrictive operation and no dietary supplements are required. The portion of the stomach that is removed also secretes a hormone that plays a central role in appetite stimulation. Without this hormone most patients have a signicant reduction in the sensation of hunger which undoubtedly facilitates more weight loss than an adjustable band. Short-term Excess Weight Loss is dramatic, with some patients achieving 100% EWL within 6 months! Some patients chose Gastric Sleeve because they want a permanent weight loss solution, and that there is no "foreign object"(The Lap Band™ ) left inside the body.
Sleeve Gastrectomy Benefits Are:
- Initial results with Sleeve Gastrectomy for patients with Class I obesity, the patients lost, on average, 100% of their excess body mass index in the first 6 months for an average body mass index of 25!
- Most co-morbities (Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension) had resolved or improved.
- Their quality of life was regarded as excellent or very good by most patients.
- No Foreign Object is left in the body.
What sets us apart?
- We operate mulitple state of the art surgical hospitals, fully staffed with World Class Board Certified surgeons and expert support staff.
- We pride ourselves on individual patient care in clean and spacious rooms using leading edge technology to reduce risk and improve patient care.
- We are focused on providing individual patient care and we take the time to get to know you personally, because we understand patient care extends post surgery.
If you are tired of suffering from obesity and want to stop paying for expensive medications,
please call 214-989-6633.
Meet Our Team
Dr. McCarty is a Board Certified general surgeon who has practiced in the Dallas/Ft Worth area since 1998. He is a Colorado native and moved to Texas to attend UT Southwestern Medical Center in 1986. He completed his general surgery training at Baylor ... Read more about Dr. Todd McCarty, M.D.
Dr. Gregory Barnes developed an obesity surgery program that uses a comprehensive approach to helping you lose weight and live healthier. In addition to offering effective surgical weight loss procedures such as Roux-en-Y, gastric bypass, LAP-BAND®, adj ... Read more about Dr. Gregory Barnes M.D.